Wide Area Telemetry
Advances in technology have meant that telemetry solutions have been freed from the traditional constraints of using telephone lines alone and now incorporate a range of communications bearers from mobile phone networks, digital polling radio, IP, microwave and satellite.
By their nature, utility operators of electricity or gas networks and water treatment facilities must monitor, control and maintain assets and infrastructure spread across wide geographic areas. EMR design and deploy the complete range of telemetry solutions to meet the diverse requirements of utility operators today. Our integrated telemetry delivers:
- Accurate, timely and automated information from un-manned utility sites.
- Transparency of reporting to allow operators see the status of remote equipment, check performance and remotely adjust operational parameters to improve output.
- Immediate notification of alarm conditions in order to resolve problems in the field before they escalate to the stage where service to the customer is interrupted.
With applications ranging from underground water meters where there is no mains power to pole-top transformers and reclosers in the electricity network, EMR’s telemetry and communications engineers have the technology and expertise to build networks to provide real-time information and instant control.
Working with best-of-breed manufacturers, we integrate;
- RTUs from Brodersen and Schneider
- Digital polling radios from 4RF
- High bandwidth mission critical microwave from NEC and Ericsson
- GSM data loggers from Radcom
EMR’s telemetry team seamlessly links these hardware and communications platforms with Inductive Automation’s Ignition top-end SCADA software to deliver comprehensive wide area telemetry networks.
As a system integrator, EMR is prepared to use a range of technologies and manufacturers to ensure that the network, once deployed, is as flexible, robust and reliable as possible using commercial off-the-shelf products and open protocol interfaces.
Having the independence to adopt the most appropriate technology and the flexibility, innovation and expertise to design and integrate these elements into a turnkey approach, ensures that both present and future requirements are addressed without the constraint of a single vendor approach.
- +353 (0)1 801 3131